Name, address, phone number
- Always use the same name, address and phone number for your business or event across all marketing material – your website, ATDW listing, booking system and social media – to ensure search engines like Google correctly index your product.
- Include your product name in the first sentence – this helps with search engine optimisation (SEO) and brand recognition.
- Begin your description with your product name, key points and highlights. Provide a hook that will grab the reader’s attention and entice them to read more.
- Progress into further detail with information about facilities and services provided. Conclude with supporting details and ‘how to get there’ information.
- Include keywords that your target audience may use in search engines.
- Keep it clear and concise and use paragraphs – readers are time poor and skim websites. They are more likely to be reading on a mobile device.
- Refer to your product in the third person (not ‘we’ or ‘our’) and avoid using abbreviations (BYO, TV) and symbols (@, &, !, “).
- Don’t include phone numbers, email addresses, pricing or links to websites – these have a home elsewhere in your listing.
Images & video
- High quality, clear and bright images go a long way to make your listing stand out from the competition. Include a variety of shots and keep images current. Put your best image first.
- Load images in their largest size and resolution. The minimum required image size is 2048 x 1536 pixels. Most smartphones and digital cameras will take images of great quality.
- Save time by uploading up to 10 images at once – drag and drop images into the orange-dotted image upload window.
- Landscape orientation only – portrait images will be cropped to and important content may be cut off.
- No text or logos over images – these may be cropped or displayed inappropriately on some websites. No banners, posters, flyers, collages or white background.
- Add YouTube or Vimeo videos to your listing – keep them short and feature people experiencing the product.
Top photo taking tips:
- Great lighting - brightness gives depth and variance to the scene. Pick a day that is bright to capture the scene.
- Shoot from the corner - this shows space and dimension. This is especially applicable to accommodation providers shooting rooms.
- Take exterior photos - this helps visitors to imagine what your business looks and feels like.
- Clean the scene - de-clutter the area you wish to photograph
- Highlight your unique points of difference
- Only include social media channels that you are active on and update regularly.
- Include business channels, not your personal ones.
- When posting content use #visitvictoria and #visitmelbourne (plus regional hashtags) and encourage your customers to do the same.
- Don’t know your password? Click ‘Forgot password?’ at the ATDW-Online login page to arrange a new password instantly (at least 8 characters in length).
- You can register additional users to help manage your listing via the ‘Account’ tab.
- Your listing updates are saved as you go, but ensure you select send for review when you are finished so your updates can be reviewed and published. Updates will take 1-2 business days to be approved.
- Listing multiple events with similar details? Save time by cloning an existing listing from your dashboard – select the ‘Clone’ option via ‘Add new listing’.
- Add [email protected] to your address book to ensure you don’t miss important communications regarding your ATDW listing.
Looking for more advice? Contact Visit Victoria's dedicated ATDW team on 1300 306 366 (business hours) or at [email protected].