Visit Victoria is the primary tourism and events organisation for the State of Victoria in Australia. We operate in collaborative and agile environments that inform, connect and partners with industry and the Victorian State Government to amplify Victoria’s brand in domestic and international markets. Our objective to build Melbourne and Victoria into Australia’s number one tourism destination through captivating and amazing events igniting and challenging any imagination!
About the Position
Reporting to the Group Manager, Channel Planning & Publishing, this is an opportunity to work with a fantastic team and contribute to the delivery of Visit Victoria’s owned and social media outputs to support Visit Victoria’s consumer marketing campaign initiatives globally, for Melbourne and Victoria.
Partnering with our stakeholders you will:
- Collaborate with the team focusing on paid and organic social media schedules and strategies. Including copy writing, sourcing appropriate imagery and video content for publication across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
- Project manage initiatives across Visit Victoria’s social and digital media suite
- Coordinate Visit Victoria’s email marketing program, in close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Provide specialist advice, analysis and reporting of Visit Victoria’s social media and email marketing activities and consumer campaigns.
- Monitor and provide advice and intelligence on key trends, competitor activity and issues in relation to media and social media.
- Develop ongoing reporting, insights and analysis of our media and social performance.
- Coordinate in collaboration with the wider business Visit Victoria’s ongoing global social media advocacy approach
As the ideal candidate you will have a degree tourism; marketing; communications or advertising. You are knowledgeable and passionate about the industry and Victoria.
You also bring demonstrated experience in the following:
- Commercial experience in branded social media marketing; including planning, content creation, the management of paid social advertising and reporting.
- Well-developed process and organisational skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and workstreams simultaneously.
- Demonstrated creative, research and analytical skills including the ability to offer insight and ideas to marketing strategies and programs.
- Professional and respectful stakeholder management skills, ability to work collaboratively with external agencies and internal teams.
- High level of communications skills, attention to detail, ability to chair meetings and write quality advertising and media briefs and evaluation reports.
Please note the successful candidate may be required to undertake pre-employment checks.
- This position has a requirement to work out of hours, and it will involve evening or weekend work including occasional international travel.