- Corporate News
Visit Victoria & Melbourne Business School Case Competition
Friday 20 July
5.30pm - 7.30pm
Melbourne Business School, 200 Leicester Street, Carlton, VIC
RSVP via email: [email protected] or call 03 9349 8113.
Visit Victoria & Melbourne Business School Case Competition 2018
Learn what Melbourne Business School (MBS) students have discovered through their comprehensive research and analysis on current tourism and events related challenges. An opportunity to give your business a boost.
The case competition provides MBS students with a fantastic opportunity to apply their strategy and analysis skills to real business challenges in Victoria’s Visitor economy and business and major event industry. A select group of talented students will present their ideas and solutions to the challenges set by tourism operators and by Visit Victoria.
Judges at the 2018 event will include:
- Professor Ian Harper (Dean Melbourne Business School);
- John Kennedy (past Chairman Tourism Victoria);
- Melbourne Business School Faculty;
- Senior Visit Victoria Executives.
Join us for this exciting event and support our finalists as they present their ideas to the panel of judges.
There will be ample time for networking during the cocktail reception.
Potential Case Study Topics:
- How will the adoption of new technology change marketing and engagement in the tourism category?
- How does Melbourne increase visitor numbers from interstate markets over the winter period which continues to be the lowest occupancy period for Melbourne?
- How do we grow participation and engagement in Visit Victoria’s owned event ‘Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race’?
- What sporting events could Melbourne host or broadcast into China that would drive specific visitation from this market given this is Victoria’s largest inbound market?
- A strategy on how to get more people to fly on AirAsia X's new service to/from Avalon later this year.
FREE EVENT, RSVP REQUIRED
Email: [email protected] or call 03 9349 8113.