- Marketing News
Golf Tourism Strategy a Hole-in-One for Victoria
Visit Victoria has launched Victoria’s Golf Tourism Strategy 2018-2023, to help the State become one of the top five golf destinations globally, led by Melbourne’s Sandbelt and supported by the highest quality courses and experiences on the Mornington and Bellarine Peninsulas. Courses in the Murray River region will add further depth to Victoria’s golfing experiences.
- Leverage the hosting of major international golf events to position the Melbourne Sandbelt as one of the top five golf destinations in the world.
- Capitalise on Melbourne’s position as a world-class golf destination to disperse visitation to Victoria’s premier golf regions (Mornington Peninsula, Bellarine Peninsulas and the Murray River) and to other locations with unique golf tourism experiences.
- Establish Melbourne as Australia’s Home of Golf, a year -round destination for the best golf experiences.
- Position Victoria’s premier golf regions as top travel destinations with year-round appeal for domestic and international visitors.
Key Directions to Drive Implementation
- Industry Collaboration
- Industry Skills and knowledge
- Product development; and