About the Team
As a part of Visit Victoria, Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) leads the acquisition and delivery of national and global business events for Melbourne and Victoria.
It strengthens Melbourne’s position as a global leader in business events through the delivery of business event acquisition, membership management and communications, strategic partnerships, business events marketing and communications, business events research and insights
About the Role
This role is responsible for developing and delivery MCB’s annual calendar of Events including industry & stakeholder events, tradeshows, roadshows, famils, MCB AGM, and the Asia Pacific Meetings & Events event (AIME).
- Develop, manage and coordinate the implementation of the Event Strategy and the delivery of AIME.
- Be the point of contact between MCB and the external AIME management team. Ensuring the project is tracking against deadlines, KPI’s are achieved and communication lines remain consistent.
- Develop, manage and implement AIME Uncover Melbourne program including; business development and marketing activities and events.
- Manage, coordinate and execute the Melbourne Stand at AIME; including the development and delivery of stand concept, activities and theming, stand space, partner logistics and sales.
- Manage, coordinate, develop and administer other industry events including the Annual General Meeting, Christmas Party, Partner Outlook Series, roadshows and trade/industry shows.
- Develop and deliver digital events program, including webinars
- Provide event delivery support to MCB and VV business units as requested eg. Victorian Tourism Conference
- Work collaboratively with the Sales and the Marketing & Communications team to deliver marketing activities, pr initiatives and events.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) is the responsibility of all team members across Visit Victoria. Team members are expected to comply with all company policies and procedures regarding OH&S, and actively participate in the identification and resolution of any hazards and immediately report all incidents and injuries.