Regional events fund
The Regional Events Fund will secure and develop a strong calendar of regional events for Victoria that align with the state and regional tourism brands and have the ability to drive economic impact through the attraction of intrastate, interstate and international visitation.
The $20 million Regional Events Fund is designed to support the attraction, development, marketing and growth of events in regional Victoria in order to:
- increase economic benefits by driving visitation from outside of the region and the State and extending length of stay and yield
- showcase Victoria's key regional tourism strengths and build Victoria's reputation as an events destination
- develop a sustainable calendar of regional events.
The Regional Events Fund will generally allocate funding to:
- assist with the costs associated with securing, hosting and marketing new events
- implementation of innovative strategies to increase visitation to existing events, including event development and tourism marketing.
Visit Victoria and the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) will administer the Regional Events Fund, which will include the contestable Regional Events and Marketing Partnership Program.
Applicants are invited to submit an Expression of Interest in order for Visit Victoria to undertake an initial assessment against program eligibility and assessment and provide applicants with feedback prior to the submission of a full funding application.
Download the Regional Events Fund Guidelines.
Download the Regional Events Fund FAQs.
Please email email@example.com to request an Expression of Interest form.